Monday, January 10, 2011

“Through the Tunnel” Prove Yourself Paragraph


When I was seven years old I was living at my foster parents who lived in a small apartment complex in San Diego and all my friends from the complex were doing things to prove that they were brave like riding their bikes over ramps and stealing fruit from the neighbors trees. They were calling me a scardy cat so I decided that I needed to prove that I was more brave then all of them. I decided to climb our giant tree we had in the middle of the complex, which was taller then all the buildings, and jump off and land on my feet. I started to climb the tree and when I was about ten feet off the ground I started to get scared, but I knew I couldn't back down. When I got to the top everyone was yelling for me to jump. I looked at the ground, took a deep breath, and jumped. When I hit the ground my feet were the first thing that hit the ground and then my knees buckled and I fell on my stomach. All my breath in my lungs came out and i got the wind knocked out of me. I couldn't breath or talk for about a whole minute. It was so painful and crazy that I knew it was the dumbest thing I had ever done. I felt unaccomplished, but in the end I knew that I really was the bravest of them all. Looking back on the experience I regret doing it because I know now that I didn't have to prove myself to anyone.

4 comments:

  1. Great paragraph bestfriend and you are a brave person.!!!!I like your picture by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The details you included in this narrative really helped me to picture the scene. I'm glad you were not hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are brave, did it not sting when your feet hit the ground? When I always jumped, my feet stings so bad :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also agree you are brave. And what a great picture to add as extra media.

    ReplyDelete