Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My Winter Break Narrative


My winter break was extremely adventurous. this break I went to my friend, Janeth’s, House. I spent New Year with them and it was the best I had ever had. The most memorable day was New Years Eve. That day we threw a big party. We cooked a goat which turned out really good. It was cooked in the ground covered in cactus leaves with hot coals at the bottom of it, and it was then buried in the ground to cook for twelve hours.Later that day we went to go drive quads on the ranch where they live. We found a really big area where we set up fruit crates as gaols and we all played soccer. We set up teams and played for about two hours. My team won. When we were all worn out we went back to the house to play some card games. Then when it got dark everyone went outside and set up a small bonfire where we roasted marshmallows and played music. Everyone ended up dancing and laughing. Finally when it was about 10:00 it was time to uncover the goat and take it out. It was so crazy and cool to watch them take out the goat. Later we ate it. It was so good. I had never eaten goat before but it was really good. it tasted like a combination of pork and beef. When it was about to be midnight we all gathered together near the bonfire, and when the clock struck twelve, everyone screamed, “Feliz año nuevo!” Then there were hugs and talking everywhere. All of the kids and some of the adults stayed up till 4:00am. When we went to go to bed, everyone fell asleep fast from being worn out and having fun all day long. It was the best day I ever had. I hope that maybe next year our New Year will be even greater.

3 comments:

  1. I really like your blog post Becky it's well written.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. I was once checking constantly this weblog and I'm impressed! Extremely useful information specially the closing part. I maintain such information much. I was once seeking this specific information for a very long time. Many thanks and best of luck.


    social skills classes for children with ADHD

    ReplyDelete