Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Storyteller Different Point of Veiw from the Bachelor

While I was on the train all the small children were running around, screaming and jumping on the seats. There yelling was starting to annoy me while the aunt in the carriage tried to calm them down by putting her finger up to her lips and hushing them. Every time she did this they would become quiet for two minutes and them they would become loud again. I couldn’t believe how loud they were. I thought the people from the carriage next to us would come over and complain. I was so relieved when the aunt decided to settle them down and tell them a story. She told them a story about a good girl, who did good things and had good things happened to her. I was an extremely boring story and when it was done all the children complained how dull it was. Even I had to tell her how bad I thought the story was. She challenged me to tell a better story so I decided I could. I told the children a story about a girl named Bertha who won three medals just for being good. She was so good that the prince decided to let her walk in the royal park where no one ever got to walk. On the day Bertha got to walk through the park I told all the children about a wolf who came and ate Bertha after she tried to hide from him. They all oo’d and aahh’d at the story and how it had a change in the direction of the story. I knew this would be a good ending and I ended it there. The aunt looked at me and was furious. She yelled at me saying that it was and inappropriate story to tell children, but I just laughed and told her how I was able to keep her quiet for longer then she could. She just looked at me with anger and I could feel the train stopping. She got all the children and walked out of the carriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment