Thursday, October 14, 2010

Chilean Miners Rescue

On August 5Th 2010 thirty-three Chilean miners became trapped in a mine when rocks and dirt fell and caved in on the opening. Miners were forced to divide their food amongst themselves for seventeen days until they were found alive and in need of food, water, clothes, and medical help. The miners were trapped for sixty-nine days underground while food and other supplies were transferred down to them through a small opening rescuers made in an effort to help the trapped miners. All thirty-three trapped miners were saved yesterday on October thirteenth. They received warm hugs from family members, medical help, a much needed shower, and a change of clothes when were rescued after a sixty-nine day ordeal. The event of the thirty-three trapped miners was dramatic to family members, friends, and the rest of the world. When I first heard about the miners becoming trapped I felt extremely sad to know that they would not be rescued for maybe almost three months. Updates came from all over the web and people in the world were anxious to know about how the miners were. When I learned that the rescue was in operation I felt extreme relief to know that all the miners would be safe and that their family who had been camping at the site for their sons, husband, etc. would be relived of their stress. If I were one of the miners I would feel like I was in a state of shock. I would be worried that some of the men would go into shock and also would be injured. I would also fear that no one would find us in time. When we were found I know I would be slightly relived to know that we were going to eventually be safe. I think the waiting for the rescuers to safe us would feel like a lifetime just for them to reach us in time and to get everyone out. This was a dramatic event for the entire world and shocked almost everyone who heard about the event. Relief was swept over the entire world when the miners were saved yesterday and brought out safe.

Link to video and article: Video

No comments:

Post a Comment