Monday, March 7, 2011

“Where Have You Gone, Charming Billy?” Enlist Paragraph


When I am 18 I think that I would want to enlist in the military. The military has many things to offer. There are veterans rights and benefits that would be good to have afterward, but I would mainly be doing it to help other people. If I were to enlist in the army it would be to protect other people, and to have the opportunity to help other people even in other countries. I think it would be a good opportunity to learn many things like discipline and honor. People who are in the military are usually more respected and looked up to by others. One thing I would not want to happen would for me to be drafted. Being drafted is forcing someone into war with out them being willing. People who are really against war could be drafted and never want to go in it, but would be forced. Wars traumatize many people and if I didn't want to go into a war I would not want to be drafted.

3 comments:

  1. Great job Becky. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bestfriend this is a great paragraph, but you are crazy I don't want my bestie to leave me for war:(hahha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. excellent paragraph, your really brave to go in the army!!

    ReplyDelete