Tuesday, March 8, 2011

CAHSEE Reflection

Today we took the English portion of the CAHSEE. I was nervous at first because I didn't think I was prepared. When we got into the auditorium I didn't know haw hard the test was going to be. Reading the stories and answering the questions made me less tense about it, because they were not so hard. When I got to the essay portion of the test I knew I was going to be good because Ms. Priester helped us to prepare for that part before in class but with a different part. The prompt was not hard, and I did great. I wrote five paragraphs, and each one sounded extremely good. I was so happy that I was prepared for this part of the test. After and hour and a half we took a break and ate doughnuts that Ms. Priester brought for us, it was kind of fun. The second portion of the test was easier then the first, because it was just more stories we had to read and answering simple questions. Some of the stories were boring but one or two were interesting. I am more nervous for the math part of the test tomorrow because I am not as strong in math as I am in English. I am presumptuous that I will pass the math because I took more time to prepare for it then I did for the English part. Mr. Fenick has been a huge help to all of us by having his after school preps. These helped us to prepare for the math section and to help us remember simple concepts that most of us forgot. I am grateful to have the support of these teachers.

2 comments: